Welcome to the last in our three part series on 2016 predictions for Enterprise Content Management (ECM), Information Lifecycle Systems (ILM), and Big Data. If you’re interested in ECM, and want to hear our thoughts on the future of enterprise-level content management, you’ve come to the right place.
8 Enterprise Content Management ( ECM ) Predictions for 2016
1. Scanning processes are going to transition from conventional scanners to mobile devices. This will include smartphones, tablets, and miniature scanners.
2. Hardware solutions will evolve not only for managing documents but for other content, like audio and video.
3. Documents will evolve from creators of business processes to being supporting documents for reference postings and compliance.
4. Automation will incorporate OCR (Optical Character Recognition) for storing and indexing documents to full-text search of metadata and documents.
5. There will be big shift in linking documents not only to reference information, like data, but also to GPS locations.
6. Solution will merge data and documents together. ERP solutions will directly integrate with content management solutions like SharePoint and OpenText Content Server.
7. Retention compliance of data and documents will be handled using a single technology platform.
8. Storage solutions will evolve to leverage analytics information out of content.
If you’d like to learn more about Enterprise Content Management ( ECM ), Big Data, or other related technologies, view our related webinar replay here.
You can also read our predictions for Big Data and Information Lifecycle Systems